The program gives participants an opportunity to learn, hands on, all of the necessary skills to work as a receptionist
Additionally, the participants engage in a wide variety of information sessions and workshops, cultural activities and social outings. The goal of the program is to provide real world experience and solid training, while allowing the participants to occasion to better understand and acclimatize to their new surroundings.
Training programme content
- Answering phones, taking messages and welcoming clients.
- Email usage and etiquette, how to format and write a business letter.
- Basic office duties including, but not limited to; filing, photocopying, mailing, setting meetings and creating basic digital office documents.
- Workshops and training sessions covering everything from working conditions and norms within the Quebec context, CV writing and job searching to navigating the educational system and how to vote.
- Job search and placement services.
- Personalized learning plans, professional support and individual follow-up.
- Permanent resident or citizen
- Between 18 and 55 years of age (some exceptions are possible).
- Speak, read and write French fluently and a basic understanding of English.
- Be without income or receiving social assistance.
- Must be prepared to engage in an intensive 6 month training process and to enter the job market immediately upon completion of the program.
- The program is 26 weeks.
- Monday to Friday, from 8:30 am until 4:30 pm, for a total of 35 hours per week.
- The salary is minimum wage.