This programme allows for young women recognized as a visible minority, with a basic to moderate knowledge of French and facing major obstacles in their job search, to learn French while engaging in a socio-professional training program.
Additionally, the participants engage in a wide variety of information sessions and workshops, as well as cultural activities and social outings.
Training programme content
- Intensive French courses.
- Full training in the industrial sewing or kitchen assistant program.
- Workshops and training sessions covering everything from working conditions and norms within the Quebec context, CV writing and job searching to navigating the educational system, how to vote and creation of a network contact.
- Job search and placement services.
- Personalized learning plans, professional support and individual follow-up.
- The program is 33 weeks long.
- Monday to Friday, from 8 am until 4 pm, for a total of 35 hours per week.
- The salary is minimum wage.
- Permanent resident or citizen.
- Between the ages of 18 and 35 years old.
- Be recognized as a member of a visible minority community.
- A basic to moderate level of French.
- Be without income or receiving social assistance.
- Have an interest in working in the sewing industry or in restauration
- Must be prepared to engage in an intensive 9 month training process and to enter the job market immediately upon completion of the program.
Financed by :